Did you know that The BIG Project has signed up with AmazonSmile? This means that you can donate to our charity simply by shopping with Amazon – and it won’t cost you a penny.
But what is Smile and how does AmazonSmile work?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features. Your shopping experience stays the same, but every time you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon donates to your chosen charity.
How much does AmazonSmile donate?
Amazon automatically donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to your chosen charity when you shop on smile.amazon.co.uk. The good news is shopping with AmazonSmile doesn’t cost you, or your chosen charity, any extra.
How do I get AmazonSmile?
If you already have an Amazon account, you can begin shopping instantly. Simply visit smile.amazon.co.uk to get started. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.co.uk to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
- Log in to your Amazon account and search The BIG Project in the ‘pick your own charity’ search bar
- Select The BIG Project
- You’ll receive an email from Amazon and you’re ready to shop
- Shop as you normally would, knowing each purchase you make also makes a live-changing difference to a child.
How to use Smile on the Amazon app
The main thing to note with AmazonSmile is you always need to purchase your items through smile.amazon.co.uk rather than the main Amazon site. If you use the Amazon app we have a handy workaround:
- Shop on the app as you would normally, adding items to your basket
- Before you checkout, switch to smile.amazon.co.uk on your mobile browser to complete the process.
If you use an Apple device:
- Visit amazon.smile.co.uk in your Safari browser
- Tap the share button and scroll right to select ‘add to Home Screen’
- Click add and then delete your old Amazon app.